Community Agency is Seeking an Editorial Intern for the Social Media Department
An editorial intern at Community Agency will be responsible for assisting the Social Media Department with all social media related tasks, including creating original content for the company blog, writing content for social platforms, editing content for social platforms, and stimulating/managing user engagement. The ideal candidate will currently be enrolled, or have just graduated from, an writing-based program, public relations program, journalism program, or a communications program. He or she will have an excellent grasp of the English language, accompanied by outstanding writing skills, and understanding of SEO and SEM. He or she will have basic knowledge of CP Style, and have a keen eye for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. The Pulp&Fiber blog essentially represents the voice of this agency, and therefore, we are seeking someone who understands the pace and tone of our office, and also can write with a sense of humor, and a quick wit. Must have a positive attitude, superior work ethic, and be comfortable working independently, and as part of a group as well.
This is a 2-3 month internship with potential for future employment.
– Reporting to Social Media Director or Sr. Digital Copywriter- Proofreading copy
– Suggesting edits to copy
– Creating content for the social web
– Blogging internally for Pulp&Fiber
– Participating in brainstorming sessions
– Assisting with meta-data input, some SEO
– Assisting Social Media Department with content calendars, at request
You Must Have:
– A working laptop, equipped with Microsoft Office
– Knowledge of CP Style, grammar, spelling, punctuation
– Writing experience for web (2-3 writing samples)
– Experience with WordPress
– Positive attitude, sense of humor, big appetite (we love to snack)
3-5 days a week, from 9am to 5pm
Travel cost / TTC Pass
Interested applicants will send CV, brief cover letter, and links to at least three writing samples to email@example.com, subject line EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP.