Back to School, Back to School
Many people said goodbye to the summer yesterday, and hello to a new school year today! And this means Instagram, Facebook and Twitter have been trending with #backtoschool & #firstdayofschool posts and pictures of kids sporting their new hip clothes, sneakers and backpacks.
Here are some ‘Back to School’ marketing tips and tricks.
- The early bird gets the worm: Although the majority of consumers do their back to school shopping in the month of August, there is a large percentage of people getting started in late May to mid June. Research has also shown that purchasing doesn’t stop once students have gone back, it drags into late September. This means you should have your campaigns run for the duration of these months.
- Leverage our DIY culture! Share your advertisements on Pinterest: share fashion trends showcasing your merchandise and offer DIY options for decorating dorm rooms with your products.
- Just as we’ve said before, GEN Y is a savvy group of individuals. Highlight savings and deals in order to attract your demographic.
- Be specific! Make sure you’re speaking to your audience. We live in the information age, and our consumers know exactly what they want. Example: “Go back to school in style with our……. backpack, perfect for those heavy college textbooks.”
- Take advantage of e-commerce. According to Statistics Canada 56% of internet users made online purchases in 2012. This number has more than likely increased since then, making it even more important to allow purchases to be made on phones, tablets and laptops.
Here are some of the most popular Back to School campaigns of this year:
Buy One, Give one
Daily winners get their back-to-school supply list shipped to their front door for free.
Find your yes:
Lunch Ladies Back To School Commercial
Amy Poehler Commercial 2014 Back to School
To everyone who went back to school today good luck, and to the parents congratulations!